Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: ICS : Are map resources part of the problem?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: ICS : Are map resources part of the problem?
From: "Jack McKinney" <jackmc-freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:20:31 -0600

Big Brother tells me that R. Miller wrote:
> Hello, Luis,
>
> I'm not saying that his word should be taken as graved in stone,
> but I think that, considering his track record, we really should consider
> his thoughts.
> Is realism really that important in FreeCiv?

    To a degree, yes.  I find it annoying that I cannot get other civilations
off of my property and keep them from attacking me in the early stages. If I
wanted a war simulation, I'd fire up Norm Koger's TOAW (which I do indeed do
occasionally).
    I think the important thing is versatility: put the code in there, and
then have a server opt to enable/disable it.  I for one would turn it on,
while others may not...

--
"In God We Trust.                   Jack McKinney
 Everyone else we monitor."         jackmc@xxxxxxxxxxx