Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2001:
[Freeciv] AI cheating

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] AI cheating
From: andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Andrew Pimlott)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:15:46 -0500

I once wrote to the list about the AI bending the rules, for
example, giving units extra moves.  I was told that if I could
produce a save game, someone might look into it.  A minute ago, I
happened to get a pretty good test case.

Get

    http://pimlott.ne.mediaone.net/freeciv/civgame-1500.sav.gz

start it up with vanilla civ 1.11.4 and connect as David.  Attack up
with the knight (against the horseman), then fortify the knight.
Pass on the phalanx in Tiberias.  Move the next phalanx down and
right into Gat.  Move the last phalanx down and right into Jeriho.
Hit "Turn Done".

The Kenyan warrior moves two squares (over a mountain, no less) into
Jerusalem.

Keep in mind that I'm a new player with no real Civ experience, so I
may be misunderstanding basic things.

Thanks,
Andrew