Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] monopoly power of game developers

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] monopoly power of game developers
From: "Brandon Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:41:40 -0700

> > So the world owes you cross-platform compatibility?
>
> Yes.

Do you develop software for a living?  Do you run your own business to
do it?  Pay for your own machines and your own training?

> > This is a justification for ripping off a developer's intellectual
property?

> There is no such thing as "intellectual property".

So if you write a screenplay it's ok if I just take your screenplay,
make a movie out of it, don't pay you, and get rich?

> So called "intellectual property" is only propaganda from fscking
monopolists.

I see my other post on Capitalism vs. Marxism wasn't off-topic after
all.  I won't repeat it here.  But: prove to me that Microprose was ever
a monopolist.

Cheers,             Infernal Troublemaker                    Troll
Mallor              "By simple mistake, mortals themselves amuse."