Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: forced open source

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Brandon Van Every <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: forced open source
From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:13:18 +0200 (MET DST)

> In Communism, you usually HAVE to produce differentThing.
> ( factories didn't interfere with other's production :
>   every hammer-factory made hammers of different size etc.)

Good point.  I think (but I'm not really sure about it) that locally, if
there exists communal water pipes nearby, you're not permitted to dig your
own well, you're supposed to connect to the communal water pipes instead,
and pay yearly fees for the connection and for the water.  That's
communism to me.  It restricts my freedom.  Just because somebody has
already done something (in this case putted down waterpipes - in other
cases made a cool game), I've lost my freedom to do the same.

--
Spell checkers are for wimps
(please send feedback on all typos)