Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: retractions

To: "freeciv" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: retractions
From: "Brandon Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:06:34 -0700

> > As for fine-grained tests of 95% of the rules and whatnot, that's an
> > area that lawyers get paid to decide.  They get paid *A LOT* to
decide.
> > More money than you have.
>
> Pointless for Hasbro to spend it, then.  They'd suddenly start to
> lose any money over Freeciv.

Hasbro has deeper pockets than you do.  $500,000 is nothing for Hasbro,
a protection of their multi-million $ development and marketing
investments.  Whereas I bet $500,000 for you is a real swift shot in the
arm.  In the war of "who's gonna bleed more?" the big guy has the
decided advantage.

Cheers,             Infernal Troublemaker                    Troll
Mallor              "By simple mistake, mortals themselves amuse."