Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: New rules for little towns? Modify settlers?

To: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Dan Sugalski <dan@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: New rules for little towns? Modify settlers?
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:09:04 +0100

On 1999-12-07 13:49:38, Nicolas BRUNEL wrote:
> > I think it might be really cool to have a game with very expensive
> > settlers! (So that cities would be a resource in themselves)
> > It could (easily) be done in the ruleset now but something that I
> > think would make it a lot more enjoyable was if building cities
> > and infrastructure was not necessarily done by the same unit...
> > To make it possible to have a cheaper unit for building irrigation
> > and roads - something that would become _more_ important when You
> > are limited in Your number of cities...
>
> Well, looks like there are at least two types of players :
>    - Perfectionnist players have fun developping their towns. They like
> big towns. They play often against AI.
>    - Warrior players play often against humans. They know they have to
> spread as hell. They know that in this kind of game there isn't enough
> time to developp towns.

Yes, of course...
But I don't really see how that matters here...
I'm not suggesting that we change the default game but make
a slight change in code to make it possible to play the game
in a different way with pleasure if one wishes to...
That's what we want, isn't it?
I think I just convinced myself at least... :)
I will see if I can scrap a patch together...

/Daniel

PS Is everyone on freeciv-dev also on freeciv?

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)