Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1999:
[Freeciv] strategies

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] strategies
From: Claus Andersen <sanguinius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:27:35 +0100

hmmm is this the right place to ask for some help on strategies?
if not slap on the head :)

Why is it that every time i play freeciv the opponents
are far more advanced, far more militarized, and have more wonders
than me?   I go for the republic and put all my trust in research
at the same time i only build settelers to make irrigation, build more
cities etc. but somehow early in the game i look at the score and see
American : 235 point
Russian: 65! <--me (obviously :)
and i never seem to have enough money either and my people hate me...
And my cities have a lousy groath rate even though i plant them
besides two animals and a fish...as you see i really (for some reason)
suck at this game, even though i have beat "civiliazation" for DOS
many times.

So anyways thats is for now...
Iwould appreitiate if someone could send some hints and tactics
cuz it annoys me that i can't beat this friggin game...

but...good job on the game, linux needs games

  3:11pm  up 20 days,  3:48,  3 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.10, 0.15