Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17042) mac os x (Tiger) and xcode on intel - freec

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#17042) mac os x (Tiger) and xcode on intel - freeciv crashes machine
From: "Ian Wallace" <ian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 19:04:10 -0700

Hello Nathan,

I'm trying to follow the instructions for darwinports, but there is
one port, pango, that seems to no longer be supported.  I'm now
trying to use gtk1 instead of gtk2, but the instructions seem to be a
bit vague:

So firstly, would you happen to know why pango is no longer
available?  I've looked at the sites where it is supposed to come
from and it is not there:

--->  Fetching pango
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-ltmain.sh from http://distfiles-
od.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-ltmain.sh from http://distfiles-
msn.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-ltmain.sh from http://distfiles-
bay13.opendarwin.org/
Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

For gtk1, working off of the INSTALL file as per the web
instructions, I need the following utilities in order:

Glib -  I'm using glib.  I assume that is the same.
Gtk+ - does not exist - I'm trying with gtk1
Imlib - I'm using imlib

I'm a bit nervous about the capitalization.

Also, Apple released Xcode 2.3 a few days ago, so I'm downloading it
(900Mb+).

If you have a better list of dependencies than this, can you let me
know?

Thanks for your help in this!
Ian