Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14874) hex2t tileset for 2.0.99

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14874) hex2t tileset for 2.0.99
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:00:45 -0800

On 2005-12-24, at 12.17, Jason Short wrote:

>> [dmarks - Thu Dec 15 12:21:51 2005]:
>
>> • The minimap doesn't handle fog of war well for some reason.
>
> The minimap is stretched; robably a problem for isophex too.  Both hex
> types are treated the same as isometric in the overview, meaning the
> tile width is twice the height.  But for hex this isn't the case.
>
> There is likely a related problem in map generation, when the map
> dimensions are chosen.  Does the map seem to be wider than it is tall,
> or vice versa, even when you use torus topology?
>

> -jason

You're right, the hex map generator is off beat.

size=1
topology=8 (hex flat earth)
generator=1

...gives a map with no south pole and two times depth north pole. The
climate zones appear out of sync too: the dry zone is too far south.

The map is 22 moves wide and 44 moves tall (counted by hand in hex2t).
A torus world (topology=11) appear to have the dimensions 22 x 46 (I
might have miscounted).

-Daniel