Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14874) hex2t tileset for 2.0.99

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14874) hex2t tileset for 2.0.99
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:17:57 -0800

Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> Fact is using Trident sprites promptly solved the city production list
> awkwardness. Now if all sprites that 'stick' to units could be made to
> obey unit offset, then we have us a solved problem (ignore the
> suggestion above)! As a bonus, we would be able to use the new unit
> selection graphics from Trident directly in both hex tilesets.

No, that won't work:

1 Sometimes you want the unit-sticking sprites to show above the actual
unit boundaries.
2 It still doesn't tell you the bottom and right boundaries.

However if we ignore point #1, using the unit offset for them would
still allow merger of these sprites in trident, isotrident, and isophex
tilesets.

-jason