Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14874) hex2t tileset for 2.0.99

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14874) hex2t tileset for 2.0.99
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 19:17:19 -0800

> [dmarks - Thu Dec 15 12:21:51 2005]:

> • The minimap doesn't handle fog of war well for some reason.

The minimap is stretched; robably a problem for isophex too.  Both hex
types are treated the same as isometric in the overview, meaning the
tile width is twice the height.  But for hex this isn't the case.

There is likely a related problem in map generation, when the map
dimensions are chosen.  Does the map seem to be wider than it is tall,
or vice versa, even when you use torus topology?

> • Unit sprites have too much empty space which have ugly effects in the
> main screen's sidebar and many dialogs - see the screenshot. Tried to
> use units from trident directly and adjust them with the unit_offset
> variables. However, I couldn't get activity letters etc to align with
> the units this way since they are for some reason not affected by the
> unit_offset value. Bug perhaps?

Yeah, I think so.  Fixing it will require fixing all of the existing
tilesets however.

-jason