Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13262) include pubserver jobs v5

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13262) include pubserver jobs v5
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:39:15 -0700

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> much better to allow scoring only one time per game instance

How would this solve scoring for long games, where the server would go
down (planned or otherwise) during the game? Should we just decree that
once the server goes down, the scoring ends there? I think we can do
better than that.

> but in fact this will not work, since the user who started the game will
> be credited with the win not the user who is doing the taking.

I do not understand this.

> I'd say that this is a poor solution for the problem. The better solution
> is on the scoring end.

I do not see a solution on the scoring end. Do you?

  - Per