Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13262) include pubserver jobs v5

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13262) include pubserver jobs v5
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:38:13 -0700

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 02:41:31PM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Mike Kaufman wrote:
>
> Under the new pubserver patch:
>
>       (connect with two clients)
>
>       (first client)
>       /load 1055
>       /take myself
>
>       (second client)
>       /take other_player
>       /start
>       /surrender
>
> will give you an easy win in a game that was abandoned, crashed or
> temporarily suspended for the night (eg long-turn).

much better to allow scoring only one time per game instance, but in fact
this will not work, since the user who started the game will be credited
with the win not the user who is doing the taking.

I'd say that this is a poor solution for the problem. The better solution
is on the scoring end.

-mike