Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13290) The Great Multiplication

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13290) The Great Multiplication
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:20:15 -0700

Jason Short wrote:

> What you're talking about is multiplying *everything* by a factor of X.
>  This includes food, shields, trade, gold, luxury, and science; it means
> large portions of the ruleset have to be edited to multiply by that
> amount.  The problem I suspect will be certain fixed-cost items that are
> not modifyable at all, or (not quite as bad) are only modifyable in the
> server settings (i.e., not in the ruleset).
>
> Possible problem cases:
>
> 1.  2 luxury per contented citizen.
> 2.  Diplomat action costs?
> 3.  Tech costs (with certain tech styles).
> 4.  Who knows what else...

  I tried to list trade/gold/lux/science multiplication problems a
couple of years ago when I tried to create CTP2 rulesets. Some of these
might have been fixed since:

  4. Government bonus/penalty to tile food/prod/trade is 1
  5. Field units cause 1 point of unhappiness even when not aggressive
  6. Unit upkeep graphics
  7. Colossus/King Richard/Highway has output bonus 1
  8. Colossus bonus applies to tiles with at least 1 trade output
(should this be multiplied or not?)
  9. Prod -> gold conversion rate is 1:1 with Capitalization/Coinage
  10. Cost of production points for hurrying production is not ruleset
controlled
  11. Capturing barbarian leader gives 100 gold

  - ML