Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#1524) Bug: Carrier disband and airplanes

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#1524) Bug: Carrier disband and airplanes
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:40:17 -0800

> [jdorje - Wed Mar 23 06:28:01 2005]:

> Note also I think I found a bug here.  Units may be unloaded or shuffled
> but there's no send_unit_info call so their info isn't sent to the
> client (except by accident when it happens later).  This could be a
> significant bug.

Indeed, it is rather a bug.  Disbanding a full carrier "seems" to
destroy all the units it carries.  In reality these units have been
moved out of the carrier, but the client doesn't know about it yet.
Thus punit->transported_by is set to some obscure value and the client
decides not to draw the unit.  This can persist for quite a while (one
turn) until the next packet is sent for this unit.

-jason