Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#1524) Bug: Carrier disband and airplanes

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#1524) Bug: Carrier disband and airplanes
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:37:49 -0800

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Jason Short wrote:
> Sinking a unit unnecessarily when its transporter is disbanded may be
> realistic, but isn't good for gameplay since the unit could easily have
> been shuffled off before - it just adds to micro-management.This is
> particularly true for air units where loading them is optional.

I suggest this: A unit can attack a tile whenever there is at least one
target on that tile which the unit can attack. If the attacker wins, all
units that exist on the target tile that the attacker can attack die
(killstack). If a transport with units dies, its units do not die, but are
readied (unsentried). The reason for the latter is that otherwise carriers
would be near unusable (too risky).

  - Per