Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8935) Relief Special

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8935) Relief Special
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:40:56 -0700

Le mer 09/06/2004 à 14:07, Jason Short a écrit :

> Marcelo Burda wrote:
>
> > I wait for your comment!
>
> Without new graphics this isn't helpful.
>
> At some point the player can't distinguish the number of different
> terrains in the game.  SMAC had a cocept similar to this with each tile
> having a "height" that affected its output and such.  It was very hard
> to tell without asking what the output of a tile would be.
This is a client problem.
We can make graphic of Hill transparents and gray instead than green and
gray. this allow to sea, sand, tundra, etc.
For mountains we can limit to some base terrains type as artic/grassland
and tundra. we can see it at external border of mountains. To print
mountains, client see if next tile is mountains too. if client see if
base terrains is the some this make a little borde allowing to see
changes in mountains types.
if new generator code make right choice user will be no problems.

eventually we can create more interesting graphics but this is not
needed.