Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8624) New clima function to best handle terrain pl

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8624) New clima function to best handle terrain place, used to place poles.
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:01:19 -0700

Le jeu 03/06/2004 à 00:43, Jason Short a écrit :

> The alltemperate option should stay.  However I do notice that grassland
> is sometimes put on the poles.  This is bad.

Yes. some sparssed grassland is not so imprtant. and we can think that
in real Earth near poles there are big cold forest, and plains and
dessert not only tundra. these sparse grassland are near limit of the
poles (the strip poles are so reduced! ). for circle poles this work
more or less nice. but this need a more fine tuning in sparated patch. i
thin this patch is ok now. but work will be done to make this best.
generator 2-4 need some correction too. but this can way too.
I was understanded that: if the patch is too big this is never get.