Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8811) use equiv_range for wonder range

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8811) use equiv_range for wonder range
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:22:17 -0700

> [jdorje - Mon May 24 13:09:19 2004]:
>
> I'm not talking about this particular function.  If all code checks just
> one range for the wonder...then either apollo's two effects (well, at
> least one of them) will have to have their ranges hard-coded or it won't
> work.

Yes. This is what the original code does as well. This feature is not
necessary to implement the effects we need. If it was, the original code
would not be working now would it? :-)

My patch does things like the original code, city targetted improvement
effects can have several ranges, improvement city, improvement island
cities or improvement player cities. The range is set per improvement.
You extended this and added world range, which is an interesting
extension although AFAIK not necessary to implement Civ/SMAC rulesets.

The other effects currently have the effect range hardcoded. Like in the
original code.