[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7259) new function tile_has_river

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7259) new function tile_has_river
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:27:52 -0800

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 11:41:08PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> > [i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Jan 18 18:51:37 2004]:
>
> > So we agree that we want to remove the T_RIVER terrain type?! I'm for
> > it. Less special cases.
> >
> > This obsoletes this issue then.
>
> I'm in favor of removing T_RIVER.  However this requires a fair amount
> of work.  This patch cuts into that work by collecting a lot of the
> references into one.

But this function would be just a simple check when T_RIVER is
removed. Than someone (Ross) claims that this function is a speed
problem and should be removed/macroizes/inlined/or whatever.

I don't want anymore speed optimization threads when they can be
avoided.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx