[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7294) Reducing the bribe-power of Diplomats

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7294) Reducing the bribe-power of Diplomats
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:50:28 -0800

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:11:47PM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > i suggested it long time ago but not in rt. I'm for changing the chances
> > where a diplomat is succesful.
> > Happy H == all cities are bribeable
> > Content C (happy cities aren't bribeable, rest is)
> > Unhappy U (perhaps there should be a second state unhappy2)
> > None N ( no city is bribeable )
>
> Since you can change happy/unhappy state on the fly, this adds another
> 'twitch' aspect to the game. Soon you'll have people making 'autohappy'
> patches and asking if we could have 'autohappy' option for the server...

It's possible to use the worst status from turn begin and now. So when
the city was unhappy at the begin of the turn twitching wouldn't
help.

And i think this status for a city would be needed for the civilwar
calculation too. (There is twitching possible) Max Lux when you enemy is
trying to get your cap.

> This is not a good idea, IMHO.

I don't see why people should change the country when they are happy in
republic.

> If bribe cost is still too low, let's increase it even more.

Because the /32 the bribe cost will still be low for cities which are
far away from the capital.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx