[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?

To: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:12:56 +0100

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:54:10PM -0800, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> James Canete wrote:
> >
> > I could make some sort of package that would automatically install all
> > the libraries that I made manually during the tutorial, analogous to
> > what is provided with Crystal Space.
>
> Would it be heretical to suggest that you *could* (IMO that's "should")
> have *all* needed project libraries as part of your source distribution?

This won't happen.
pro:
 - people who compile Freeciv doesn't have to track down and/or
 download the sources of the other libs manually

con:
 - more maintenance burder for Freeciv
 - larger distro

Look if we would require exotic stuff like a certain CVS snapshot or a
3 year old version of some lib we could think about it.

BTW: you are aware of ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/requirements/?
What sources are missed there?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Reality? That's where the pizza delivery guy comes from!"