[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:58:23 -0800

James Canete wrote:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/netdev
framework.asp

> I tried nabbing the 1.0a .NET Framework SDK,

Why?  You should grab 1.1.  1.0 is for VS .NET 2002, 1.1 is for 2003.
They aren't compatible.

> and it appears to come with
a C/C++ compiler and linker (cl.exe and link.exe) and a bunch of headers
and libraries, but I've no idea what I would need to actually develop
stuff with them.  It also installed a bunch of executables in places
other than the directory I specified to the installer.  I'll keep
digging.

I don't envy your learning curve!  I seriously doubt you're going to get
something for nothing, but it'll be interesting to see if you can
surprise us.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.