[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:56:29 +0800

I can't say that I want to become buildmaster for a VS .NET 2003 build,
mostly because I don't want the responsibility, (plus not owning VS .NET
is a big factor :) but I also can't say that no-one will ever want to
make an MSVC-specific build.

In my opinion, I would like to see the core of freeciv to be as
compiler-agnostic as possible, to facilitate the development of even
more alternate clients and servers as time goes on and libraries, OS'es
and various come and go.  This is why your changes interest me.

I can also see some advantages to having a VS .NET build, such as the
ease in which an interface could be built around it. (ease of building
an interface being second hand information to me :)  As well, I hate to
see good code go to waste.

If you feel you can no longer support this development, due to changing
circumstances, I would suggest simply submitting your patch as is to RT
and leaving it for the future, as it were.  Someone may not be
interested today, but perhaps they will in the future.

By the way, didn't you hate C?  :)
-James Canete
http://www.ign.com
Upgrade to Premium IGN Email