[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?

To: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:54:34 +0800

> The advantage of Cygwin/MinGW is that it is freely available. And yes
> James tutorial sounds like an odyssey.

I could make some sort of package that would automatically install all
the libraries that I made manually during the tutorial, analogous to
what is provided with Crystal Space.

> What do you have to do to get VS .NET 2003? Paying money? Is there a
> command-line version freely available?

Well, I spotted this on MS's web site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/netdevframework.asp

I tried nabbing the 1.0a .NET Framework SDK, and it appears to come with
a C/C++ compiler and linker (cl.exe and link.exe) and a bunch of headers
and libraries, but I've no idea what I would need to actually develop
stuff with them.  It also installed a bunch of executables in places
other than the directory I specified to the installer.  I'll keep
digging.

-James Canete
http://www.ign.com
Upgrade to Premium IGN Email