[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#977) Re: Re: (PR#4632) Connect Dialog updated

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#977) Re: Re: (PR#4632) Connect Dialog updated
From: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:59:00 -0700

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:34:53AM -0700, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
> Christian Knoke wrote:

[...]

> >Could you make it, that 'save' always uses server save command?
> >When I load a game, and use save later, it always overwrites my file.
> >
> That's what any GUI application does.  I think rule-of-least-surprise
> favors the current behavior.

I would be annoyed by the overwriting as well.

Perhaps it is a good solution to also have a "Save As civgameXXX"-
command, where civgameXXX is the name that would be used by the autosave?
The problem is that this name changes all the time, so the menu would
have to be updated.  An alternative is to call the command "Save As Autosave".

--
Reinier