[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4632) Re: (PR#5394) Connect Dialog updated

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4632) Re: (PR#5394) Connect Dialog updated
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:32:25 -0700

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:48:02AM -0700, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
> Christian Knoke wrote:

> >This patch is about making life easier for players. I'm damn sure this will
> >give confusion. There are several occasions where you get stale civservers
> >(also after a crash). Either local or network clients will connect the wrong
> >one. IMHO stale civservers should be killed cleanly, in the same way I can
> >do with # killall civserver.
> >

> Hmm, I still say the functionality belongs there, but I've thrown in a
> warning message so people know what's happening.

> >>Huh?
> >>

> I'm not so much considered about reproduce (though it's helpful) as
> *describe*.  I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Ah, ok. While testing, I called help, and every item told me: no help
available for this item.

> >>Huh?
> >>

> >You can see this when the connection is blocked (like it is here). You're
> >unable to move units for some seconds.
> >

> Give me details.  I tried disconnecting from the network and advertising
> on metaserver, but nothing went wrong.

Ok, thats what I did: Start a new game, then in 4000 BC I switch the
metaserver reporting on via the menue. I send the relevant portion of strace
-f via PM

Christian

--
Christian Knoke          * * *          http://www.cknoke.de
* Please note new mail address - Neue Mailadresse beachten *