[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4632) Re: (PR#5394) Connect Dialog updated

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4632) Re: (PR#5394) Connect Dialog updated
From: "Daniel L Speyer" <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:48:02 -0700

Christian Knoke wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 03:10:44PM -0700, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
>

>>Christian Knoke wrote:

>>>GTK1 tested only.
>>>

>Thank you for your fixes, I will test asap.
>

>>>After 'disconnect' in a running game you have a stale (unused, unaccessible)
>>>civserver process.
>>>

>>What would you expect it to do?  You can access by connecting.  I do
>>this in rare occasions.
>>

>This patch is about making life easier for players. I'm damn sure this will
>give confusion. There are several occasions where you get stale civservers
>(also after a crash). Either local or network clients will connect the wrong
>one. IMHO stale civservers should be killed cleanly, in the same way I can
>do with # killall civserver.

Hmm, I still say the functionality belongs there, but I've thrown in a
warning message so people know what's happening.

>>>When you 'start new game' again, there is no help at all.
>>>

>>Huh?

I'm not so much considered about reproduce (though it's helpful) as
*describe*.  I have no idea what you're talking about here.

>>>Server Opts initial: wtowerevision shows no numbers
>>>

>>Huh?

Thanks for the screenshot.  Fixed.

>Both happened to me with a bit playing around. Maybe I can reproduce.
>

>>>For 'save', the savegame name generation isn't used.
>>>

>>Would you really want it to be?  I save games with intelligable names,
>>and ones that autosave *won't* overwrite.
>>

>>>'load' doesn't try to append '.gz' to filename
>>>

>>We're getting the name from a load file dialog, the user probably
>>double-clicked -- we shouldn't mess with the name we're given.
>>

>accepted.
>

>>>reporting to the metaserver blocks the client
>>>

>>Huh?
>>

>You can see this when the connection is blocked (like it is here). You're
>unable to move units for some seconds.

Give me details.  I tried disconnecting from the network and advertising
on metaserver, but nothing went wrong.

--Daniel Speyer