Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4468) long term questions

To: Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4468) long term questions
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:44:09 -0700

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 07:43:31PM -0700, Horn GXbor wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 6: [...] Only tool for it as i
> see is the ranking system atm. It's just unfair if a newbie ranked
> player gets hundreds of points from a game when he does nothing but stab
> in the back and split a better player w/ whom he agreed on peace. Does
> those points represent skill in this case? I doubt :) The same when an
> ally of 6 player kills a good one, the final winner earns the same
> points as if he would do it alone. I don't have a final solution for
> this of course, but a basic idea maybe u can use: when sy who wins is in
> an ally, we should count it as a draw. Or eg if a 'looser' of this match
> would loose 20 pts to the 'winner', and the winner has 4 ally, the
> looser should only lose 20/5=4 points. Or something, maybe other players
> have suggestions too.

Think only dividing the points isn't a good idea. I think we should look
how powerful an alliance/team is.

I can beat an two playeralliance with two players with currently
around ~1350 points [A], 4 with around 1250 [B] and have no prob with 10
allied newbies (or AI) [C].

So this alliances count by rule of thumb: