Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: borders patch (PR#1870)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: borders patch (PR#1870)
From: "Ben Webb" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:07:43 -0700

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 04:56:48AM -0700, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 04:04:11AM -0700, Ben Webb wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:51:58PM -0700, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > I have loaded an old game and got a lot of
> > >
> > > 1: Tile at Puerto Galera->4,3 marked as empty but in enemy territory!
> > > 1: Tile at Bhopal->1,0 marked as empty but in enemy territory!
> > > 1: Tile at Bhopal->3,0 marked as empty but in enemy territory!
> > > 1: Tile at Bhopal->4,2 marked as empty but in enemy territory!
> > > 1: Tile at Bhopal->4,3 marked as worked but in enemy territory!
> > > 1: Tile at Iloilo->0,1 marked as empty but in enemy territory!
> > > 1: Tile at Iloilo->0,3 marked as empty but in enemy territory!
> >
> > I will need a savegame to reproduce this.
>
> Load attached joe+1580m.sav.gz, login as chris, set borders 7, start
> This happens with 0613 and 0616 versions.

OK, this is because the borders are not recalculated when you issue
"set borders 7" after game start (the fact that you can see them at all
is because of a bug in the civ_score function). When borders are
recalculated city workers should be reallocated properly. Unless anybody
is going to be very upset, I'll change the borders variable so that it
can only be set in pregame. (Although it would be possible to
recalculate borders whenever the variable is changed during the game, the
player maps would get very confused.)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"And do you know Carolina where the biscuits are soft and sweet?"