Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4213) New pact: Union v2

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4213) New pact: Union v2
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:16:03 -0700

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> When A B C have the same research strategy (e.g. steel) the advantage will
> be quite big. And there are no more than 2 or 3 different research
> strategies.

True.

> Will a union require an alliance?

Yes. It is a step up from Alliance.

> Who determines what to research?

Any player part of the Union who changes research target will change it
also for all other players. The same goes for research goal. Try it, it is
kinda cute.

> What about techpenalty, diplcost, conquercost, and freecost?

techpenalty is applied. diplcost, conquercost and (I believe) freecost are
applied to acquiring player only. Perhaps freecost should be deducted from
all players who gain the tech from a Union.

  - Per