Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4213) New pact: Union v2

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4213) New pact: Union v2
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx" <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 03:47:56 -0700

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 03:30:54AM -0700, Raimar Falke wrote:

> If this is the goal/the net effect of Union that there is a simple
> way: an auto-sharing treaty.
>
> Or a simple button in the tech dialog: "Share tech with partners".

Yes! A treaty clause "Auto give away all new techs to partner". Can be
cancelled at any time.

IMO the technology sharing in a union doesn't fit very good in the current
game concept. The advantages maybe very big. Wider changes to the current
tech related behaviour are necessary, which forbids making it an option.

A better place for a union is the teams concept I think. I must admit I
never tested teams.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/