Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4381) some clean with get_map_tile(...) , get_map_

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4381) some clean with get_map_tile(...) , get_map_terrain(...), get_map_special(...) ...
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:03:20 -0700

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > Next I must say that my cpu allow me only some test with debug=no (-O3
> > -> speed) and only in 30 min. each. One test take 2 hours and I made 3.
> > I made shell script that run 4 time each type of server and cron
> > command call killall civserver with 30 min delay.
>
> Don't do this. Start one server at a time and wait till it
> finishes. Time this server.

True. If you need to test patches like this, I can test them on a Sun
Enterprise E450 that I have access to, and which has little load. I tried
it with the patch in question, but quickly got this:

sanitycheck.c:89: failed assertion `get_tile_type(terrain)->mining_result
== terrain' Abort (core dumped)

The patch failed to apply to barbarian.c, might have something to do with
it? I didn't care to fix that.

  - Per