Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4381) some clean with get_map_tile(...) , get_map_

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4381) some clean with get_map_tile(...) , get_map_terrain(...), get_map_special(...) ...
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:26:48 -0700

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:49:59AM -0700, Rafa³ Bursig wrote:
> Dnia 2003.06.11 11:26, Per I. Mathisen napisa³(a):
> >
> > The problem is I don't believe you will gain anything. The set
> > operations are called extremely few times compared to get operations.
> > At the risk
> > of sounding like Raimar, can you back up this with some numbers to
> > show
> > that these changes actually improve speed in a measurable way?
> >
> Hi All
>
> I made some fix in my patch and made next version. Current I turned all

s/Current/Now/

> ptile access to macros and replace it in code. (ptile->terrain to
> tile_get_terrain(ptile) etc). Patch is working and I made some tests.

> Next I must say that my cpu allow me only some test with debug=no (-O3
> -> speed) and only in 30 min. each. One test take 2 hours and I made 3.
> I made shell script that run 4 time each type of server and cron
> command call killall civserver with 30 min delay.

Don't do this. Start one server at a time and wait till it
finishes. Time this server. To reduce the time for this you can make
the game shorter ("set endyear 100" for example). If your computer is
still to slow or you want a larger game you may use rt.freeciv.org or
www.freeciv.org (but both have normal "background" load which can
cause unstable results) . The information you posted have no value.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Sit, disk, sit. Good boy. Now spin up. Very good. Here's a netscape