Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4376) Slow Motion

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4376) Slow Motion
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:20:29 +0200

[rt swallowed my mail, so here is it again]

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 06:23:22AM -0700, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 04:31:40AM -0700, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > I wasn't able to reproduce this problem here. So please apply the
> > > patch and post the relevant output.
> >
> > Here are 3 examples:
>
> These are the expected results. In all cases the cities are updated
> only once after the goto is finished. There should be a delay after
> the goto is finished but not during the move movement. At least this
> slowdown isn't caused by the CMA.

I noticed that the delay is not always present ...

Now things are getting funny :-) I tried to reproduce it, but failed, until
I just started to *play*. So here's what I did:

Start server with attached game
set saveturns 0
start client, connect as chris
start game
Use GOTO in all actions below
send cruiser in Kyoto on goto to the open sea
send all alpine troops from Hiroshima to Yokohama, sentry them
send transport from yokohama to Ahmadabad
unload and send alpine troops to bombay, idle them
make engineers build roads where they are
send transport back to hiroshima with goto
buy 8 alpine troops
turn done
send alpine troops from bombay to rawalpindi. Now(!) you see a significant
delay in unit movement when they go through cities, if your fast machines
allow this.

civclient debug log shows no difference for me.

Now I wish you good luck in debugging. :)

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/