Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: worker unit

To: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: worker unit
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:30:37 +0200

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 08:51:44AM -0400, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> * Raimar Falke (rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > In Galactic Civilizations there was an event "A technology was
> > researched which allows a quantum leap in movement like the
> > Hyper-Drive was discovered. The movements of all ships are doubled." A
> > Galactic Civilizations player can tell you more (does it always occur,
> > when does it occur,...)
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, events are partially random: they do not always
> occur, some of them do not occur at low difficulty levels (the hard
> negative events), some of them are more likely after something happens
> (like pirates after establishing trade routes, space monsters after
> building a space zoo (which is a UP resolution)), some very late in the
> game ...

I found it:

[Event_UltraDrive] Just as hyper-drive revolutionized the galaxy, a
new type of interstellar travel has been invented - Ultra Drive. The
net effect is that all ships have seen 50 percent increases in their
speed!

There is also:

[Event_Omnicron] A new type of thinking machine has been invented and
has spread across the galaxy. This has had the effect of greatly
increasing our research ability as well as that of other
civilizations!

[Event_HyperSensors] An incredible new technology has spread across
the galaxy. Hyper sensors. This technology has made it possible to
vastly increase our sensor range.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The BeOS takes the best features from the major operating systems.