Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: worker unit

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: worker unit
From: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:51:44 -0400

* Raimar Falke (rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> In Galactic Civilizations there was an event "A technology was
> researched which allows a quantum leap in movement like the
> Hyper-Drive was discovered. The movements of all ships are doubled." A
> Galactic Civilizations player can tell you more (does it always occur,
> when does it occur,...)

Unless I'm mistaken, events are partially random: they do not always
occur, some of them do not occur at low difficulty levels (the hard
negative events), some of them are more likely after something happens
(like pirates after establishing trade routes, space monsters after
building a space zoo (which is a UP resolution)), some very late in the
game ...

Alan

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.