Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch

To: james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch
From: "Ben Webb" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:29:29 -0700

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:25:38AM -0700, James wrote:
> > I say again, don't bother trying to reimplement improvement effects just
> > for veteran levels. It's non-trivial code (if it weren't, the FreecivAC
> > code to do it would've gone into Freeciv 2 years ago when I wrote it...)
> > but it has been written already. I suggest you concentrate on getting
> > the other stuff sorted out (e.g. the graphics) so that the code can get
> > in to CVS; improvement effects will get there too eventually...
>
> Thats a weight off my mind :-)  I'll just leave out veteran caravan support
> completely.
>
> When do you think that the integration of your code into the Freeciv CVS will
> take place?

Some of what I call in FreecivAC impr-gen, or generalised improvements,
has gone into Freeciv. As for the rest, you'll have to ask Mike, as he's
the maintainer currently in charge of this kind of thing, to the best of
my knowledge. He calls it "generalised effects" though, just to confuse
everybody ;) (although it's probably a better title, given that effects
in FreecivAC, and someday in Freeciv, are no longer conferred only by
improvements, but by particular unit types, governments, nations, etc.)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"The vocabulary of Bradshaw is nervous and terse, but limited."