Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch

To: james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:12:56 -0700

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 05:13:52AM -0700, James wrote:
> Yes, I made my modifications to the most stable version 1.14.0
>
> This is my first contribution to freeciv, so my appologies.
>
> I've got hold of the CVS code and have tried applying the patch and I see
> that you are right.  Is there an easy way for me to update the patch (i.e.
> using patch and diff), or is this going to be a case of copying all the
> modifications over manually?

I found out that if I made a patch against a certain version of CVS
and than have to update it to the current CVS it is easier to restore
the old cvs version (cvs up -D), apply the patch and update the cvs
(cvs up -A) than to apply the patch to the cvs and go over the .rej
files. The first has the advantage that you have all the data in one
file and you get compile errors for the rejections.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "SIGDANGER - The System is likely to crash soon"