Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4044) Revised multiple veteran patch
From: "James" <james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:08:26 -0700

Hi, here is the new multi veteran patch so far:

- supports 1 to 10 levels
- removed all `mode' selection variables in units.ruleset  Both the original
veteran system and the new one have been implemented using the new system.
- veteran unit movement bonuses
- diplomats can now survive missions (although much less likely to than a
spy).  Surviving units can gain veteran level.
- veteran settlers work faster.
- settlers can gain level by working.
- triremes are less likely to die in high seas when more veteran.
- triremes surviving high seas can gain veteral level.
- configurable veteran level labels (i.e. green, experienced etc.)
- configurable abriviated level labels for middle mouse pop up (i.e. grn, exp
etc.)
- all clients updated (although I've only been able to test the GTK client)
- civ1 and civ2 rulesets made to work with new veteran system (according to
their respective rules)

Whats NOT included:
- No support for veteran caravans.  I think that a better caravan should give
better revenues.
- City improvements don't make units (i.e. diplomats, triremes, caravans)
more veteran.  I didn't want to get into this because the idea is a debatable
one (although I do quite like it) and it is quite difficult to do in a
generalised way.
- Graphics to represent the veteran status of a unit.  Its not great to have
to click on every unit in order to see its status (especially with large
armies).

Any feedback would be appreciated,
James B

--
"I'm all for computer dating, but I wouldn't want one to marry my
sister."