[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Single-player Freeciv notices

To: Stepan Roh <stepan@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Single-player Freeciv notices
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 13:08:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Stepan Roh wrote:
> And hopefully last one (I don't want to spam this list):

Your suggestions are good - keep posting!

> - show estimated number of turns when planning Go to (I think I saw it in
> Alpha Centauri where there were small numbers along the Go to line)

I'm afraid this isn't possible as long as Freeciv has random movement in
cases when terrain move cost is higher than unit's remaining movement. You
simply don't know how long a goto will take in many cases.

SMAC and CIV3 both removed this randomness, but Freeciv still has it.

  - Per