[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:11:06 +0100

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 10:37:22AM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 12:09:07AM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:

> > > The EA is really dumb.
> >
> > There are some parameters. What behavior do you expect?
>
> Good question. I'd say, it depends ;)  I want that it explores
> my island as fast as possible. Of course there are reasons to go
> into huts, and reasons to avoid them (at first). I'd say coast-
> following is a good thing.
>
> > With the current setting the unit will do I wanted: explore the
> > surounds around your cities.
>
> It does _not_ prefer to explore the surroundings of the founded
> cities first. It is not interested in huts. It goes into one
> direction, stops one tile before the coast, goes back, returns
> later to explore the coast tile, crossing a lot of already
> known land. In one word, it is dumb. :->

If you set the dist_weight to >0 it will discover the tiles near your
built cities first. I know that it doesn't have yet huts specific
behavior yet. It is planed and easy to implement.

> When all tiles are explored, it goes to the bottom right corner.

Because there is the last tile to discover.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!"