[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:37:24 +0100

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:29:04PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:

> The attached patch is a snapshot of a tree which consists of the
> following parts:
>  - path_finding13
>  - map decoration
>  - goto agent (GA)
>  - exploring agent (EA)
>  - settler management agent (SMA)
>  - and lot of other changes
>
> You may notice that you will see both paths (one calculated by the old
> code and the other by the new path_finding) if you goto a unit. The
> execution of the goto will be done by the goto agent. You cen see the
> path which is executed by pressing the middle mouse button. If you
> press shift together with the middle mouse button the popup will be
> smaller (I haven't been able to remove it altogether).
>
> EA and SMA should be easy to use. Since they also use the GA you also
> see the paths which the units follow with the middle mouse button.
>
> If you press shift-x you can see all tiles which the current unit may
> attack.
>
> This is work in progress. Missing are mostly user interfaces (you
> currently have to change the code in control.c by hand) for the
> parameters. Also some parameters are missing (the exploring agent for
> example should have a parameter controlling hut behaviour and one for
> empty cities). It may also happen that the client may core dump any
> time ;)

Attached is another snapshot. Changes to the previous version are:
 - town management agents (TMA), this agent has currently only hack
 status. It will check if there is work for an extra settler and will
 build one as fast as possible using CMA.
 - master, it will set the cities under TMA and the units under SMA or
 EA.
 - turn done agent. It will press the turn done button 50 turns and so
 give a continuous game play.

This snapshot does the step from a helpers-only human-supporting to a
very small and stupid but self-contained AI.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I do feel kind of sorry for Microsoft. Their attornies and marketing