[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 00:09:07 +0100

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 10:45:45PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 08:04:14PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 07:56:24PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW: you can disable the whole AI and play a normal game with agents
> > > (you can for example watch a trireme exploring the ocean) if you
> > > comment the register_agent calls from master.c, tma.c and turn_done.c.
> >
> > Ok, I'll try that.
>
> The EA is really dumb.

There are some parameters. What behavior do you expect?

With the current setting the unit will do I wanted: explore the
surounds around your cities.

To all: what do you expect from a good explorer? The best strategy in
terms of discovered tiles per turn is the always-move-diagonal that
the current auto-explorer uses. Also possible is coast-following and
my discover-city-surroundings.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Only one human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari