[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] Unit agents
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:38:38 +0100

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 06:35:32PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 06:20:31PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 04:37:24PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > >
> > > Attached is another snapshot. Changes to the previous version are:
> > >  - town management agents (TMA), this agent has currently only hack
> > >  status. It will check if there is work for an extra settler and will
> > >  build one as fast as possible using CMA.
> > >  - master, it will set the cities under TMA and the units under SMA or
> > >  EA.
> > >  - turn done agent. It will press the turn done button 50 turns and so
> > >  give a continuous game play.
> > >
> > > This snapshot does the step from a helpers-only human-supporting to a
> > > very small and stupid but self-contained AI.
> >
> > srv_main.c: In function `end_turn':
> > srv_main.c:515: parse error before `int'
> > srv_main.c:525: `total' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > srv_main.c:525: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > srv_main.c:525: for each function it appears in.)
> > make[2]: *** [srv_main.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory /home/chris/freeciv/patched/agents2/server'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory /home/chris/freeciv/patched/agents2'
> > make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> Attached patch fixes the compile error.

Thanks. Looks like I have to pass a parameter to gcc to disable
certain extensions.

> Attached savegame gives a runtime assert in civclient just after
> start.

The agents are active before the game starts (before
role_unit_precalcs is called). Bad. But it will only happen if you
load a game. And there are other issues with saving/loading. Same
state isn't saved yet.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Despite all the medical advances of the 20th century, the mortality