[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2369) iso-view eye candy

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2369) iso-view eye candy
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:50:57 -0500

Raimar Falke wrote:
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 07:19:50AM -0500, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

While I don't have any clue about how does the graphic engine of civ3
works the contents of this modpack
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/cordy-terrain.zip reveals that
they also work with a system which is similar to our old one. Leaving
the extra height out of this the tiles of Mountains-snow.pcx are very
similar to our 16 tiles. In the x* files they blend three terrain
types. And yes these are a lot of tiles.

Very interesting.  Do you know of any documentation for this tileset?

This looks like a hybrid system. There is an automatic blending, but it is done without the use of an additional mask. Look at the mountains: they do not occupy the full area of the tile (the rest is purple). Something must get drawn here based on what tile is adjacent.

jason