Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamslite11

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamslite11
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:21:50 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> [...]

When I think about it, this is actually a larger issue. Right now an AI
will preserve your diplomacy settings, so setting AI on while you go take
a leak won't make your player turn on your friends.

Once we have AI diplomacy, we will have the same problem: The AI may take
decisions that are desirable for stand-alone AIs but may not be for
stand-in AIs.

So we may want an AI option or difficulty that makes the AI preserve as
much as possible of the existing setup. A difficulty level would probably
be best, though I am not sure what to call it.

In any case, I think I'll take this out of the teams patch for now and try
to do it a little differently.

  - Per