Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cleaned up up OS X patch - please apply this

To: Max Berger <max.berger@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cleaned up up OS X patch - please apply this
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:50:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Max Berger wrote:
> here's a cleaned up OS X patch that changes no functionality, does not
> crash, and is testet with both Mac OS X and Linux. Again, it can also
> be found at http://www7.in.tum.de/~bergerm/freeciv/
>
> made against: current cvs checkout (2002/10/29)
> changes:
> - configure check for ObjC
> - Add Darwin section to configure for future os x support
> - renamed log_revel to fc_log_level
> - include sys/types.h in common/shared.c
>
> Could you please apply it?

Can you explain what goes on here:

+OBJC="$CC"
+OBJCFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
+_AM_DEPENDENCIES(OBJC)
+AC_SUBST(OBJC)
+AC_SUBST(OBJCFLAGS)
+dnl AC_SUBST(OBJCDEPMODE)

This should be merged with the mingw32 check:

+dnl Mac OS X specific settings
+case $host_os in
+  darwin* ) DARWIN=yes;;
+        * ) DARWIN=no;;
+esac

And both the above should also be duplicated in configure.in as well.

The rest of the patch is ok and has been committed to cvs.

  - Per