Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rfc: default production

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rfc: default production
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Sep 2002 12:15:26 +0200

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 12:30, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 07:20:17PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:

> > > I don't like switching from buildings to capitalization. Think
> > > marketplace -> bank -> stockexchange or something like that is better.
> > > What ever is good for CMA.
> > >
> > > Couldn't we switch the "FirstBuild" to settlers?
> >
> > I want a configurable firstbuild client option (since long!).
>
> What about a default global worklist which is used in this case?

It was my first thought...

But there is a problem, a "default" worklist with both units and
building, seems strange to me, and thus there can be problem to have
such a default worklist.

A solution is to have only improvement in the "default" worklist.
(and if there are no improvement that you can build at a particular
moment? you go coinage? and then if an new improvement is available, do
you switch back or not?...)

So, thinking on this... I've delayed my post...