Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Adding generalised calendar. Calend

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Adding generalised calendar. Calendars can now ... (PR#1964)
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:58:04 -0500

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 08:43:47PM +0100, Ben Webb wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 02:35:58PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > just by the way, it's highly unlikely that the calendar code is going to
> > survive in its current form, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
>
>       I am aware of this, so I'm not. I'd still like to fix the bugs
> though, as FreecivAC needs a different calendar system, and I don't see
> anybody else writing the code.

Don't bother. This is probably going to happen soon. We (the
maintainers) are having a polite discussion (which ought to be brought back
to the list) on the direction we want to go with this. I'm interested
enough in this that I'll probably have some code before the end of the
weekend.

> > PS: ben, could you give us a precise outline of what you need from a
> > calendaring system for AC?
>
> That's easy; startyear 2001AD, 1 year/turn.

ok.

> > I take it from your implementation that a
> > required tech and and trigger tech are needed?
>
>       Nope. Andi's original code had this in, and I saw no need to
> remove it.

this still might be worth keeping.

-mike